Wednesday 25 April 2012

Google Plus VS Facebook Timeline

So I recently saw the new Google+ advert, and like many thought wait, is that not exactly the same as Facebook timeline? (I’ve put both adverts below so you can decide what you think!) I myself am an avid Facebook user, so the idea of going to a completely new social networking site (something I haven’t done since the days of MySpace!) seems like an alien concept to me. But being a curious person, and a social media geek I can’t help but find out what really makes Google plus a good social networking site.

This article '9 reasons to change to Google plus’ definitely helped my research. Better photo tagging, strong group chat features and better friend management are pros among many. But for me the winning feature of Google+ is the integration it has with other google features, such as news, maps, search etc. You could basically live your own ‘Google’ online life. I can imagine it being really easy, just using one platform for everything; videos, networking, searching, that part of it seems to make sense. But for me I enjoy the fact that everyone I know is on facebook and I think it would take many years for everyone to go to Google+ .

In terms of PR, I think that every company should be jumping on the Google+ bandwagon, it seems like the smartest thing to do and is a brilliant tool for market research due to the 'Google circles'. H&M is definitely one company that is using it the best, and they will no doubt be reaping the benefits from it. But for me despite the pros, I’m not completely convinced so I’ll stay a facebook fan for now. But what do you think? I’d love to hear your opinions!

Want to know more?
Read any of the linked content but I also reccomend these articles.
Google the new social network
Google vs Facebook
Is Google or Facebook better for business?




No comments:

Post a Comment